A PICTURE OF THE INFILLING AND BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT BY SAMUEL EXCELLENCE

30th December, 2018

IPR DAILY DEVOTION 

Topic: A PICTURE OF THE INFILLING AND BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT

THEME SCRIPTURE:

Ezekiel 47:3-5 (NKJV)

[3 ] And when the man went out to the east with the line in his hand, he measured one thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the water came up to my ankles. [4 ] Again he measured one thousand and brought me through the waters; the water came up to my knees. Again he measured one thousand and brought me through; the water came up to my waist. [5 ] Again he measured one thousand, and it was a river that I could not cross; for the water was too deep, water in which one must swim, a river that could not be crossed.

MESSAGE:

The above Scripture is a reference to a vision Prophet Ezekiel had, where an angel was measuring the depth of the river which flowed from the altar in the temple. A river is symbolic of the flow of the Holy Spirit in us. This is a vivid picture of the infilling of the Holy Spirit that leads to baptism in the Holy Spirit.  

The Holy Spirit fills us from within. The room you give Him is the one He fills. From our theme Scripture, the first measurement in the water was at the ankle. Let’s call that 5%. One may receive the Holy Spirit and speak in tongues, but it is possible that the Holy Spirit has access to only 5% of the person’s soul. The remaining 95% is under the individual’s own control. 

The next measurement was at the knee. Let’s call that 30%. It is possible for the Holy Spirit to have access to only 30% of a person’s soul. The remaining 70% is under the individual’s own control. 

The next measurement was at the waist. Let’s call that 50%. It is possible for the Holy Spirit to have access to only 50% of a person’s soul. The remaining 50% is under the individual’s own control. 

All these are phases of the infilling of the Holy Spirit. But the final measurement which was a river that could not be crossed, is the phase of baptism in the Holy Spirit. At baptism, you’re not in control; the Holy Spirit has full control and directs you where to go. 

You might have received the Holy Spirit and experienced various levels of His infilling. But until the Holy Spirit has complete control over your mind, will and emotions, you’re not yet baptized in the Holy Spirit.

Spread The Kingdom Stuff

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.