OUR WEAPONS OF VICTORY (The Power of the Cross) By Sam Korankye Ankrah
OUR WEAPONS OF VICTORY
(The Power of the Cross)
“…having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.”
Colossians 2:14-15 NKJV
Christ, on the cross, nailed all repercussions of our sins, every ordinance, the chains and limitations of the negative laws working against us; in public ridicule of the principalities behind them (demonstrating how powerless they have become).
A sister shared a testimony on how armed robbers attacked her neighborhood, and entered her house as part of the raid. Upon sighting a cross hanging across the room, one of them asked where she churches. She answers and they replied: “pray for us when you go to church.” They left without taking a penny and continued their raid on other houses. The power of the Cross.
In the process of Christ getting crucified, he took on the charge and certificate of our guilt, laying his life to atone of our shortfalls and relieve us of any punishment under the law.
What the Cross does for you:
1. Forgives all sins and trespasses recorded and punishable under the law.
“There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus.” Romans 8:1 NKJV
2. Gives freedom from the guilt of condemnable deeds under the law.
3. Provides evidence of our liberty. The cross is an everlasting certificate of evidence that depicts our debts are paid in full.
4. Blots out every legal requirement or ordinance that has been enacted long before us.
5. Blessed us with the same blessing of Abraham; draws the Holy Spirit to us through our faith.
Know this that, “Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us.” (Galatians 3:13)
You are therefore liberated under the power of the Cross and no situation can hold you bound. I declare you a victor and a wonder in Jesus’ name.